Studies show that US coverage is Israeli-centric. The main bureaus for CNN, Associated Press, Time, etc. are located in Israel and often staffed by Israelis. The son of the NY Times bureau chief is in the Israeli army;"pundit" Jeffrey Goldberg served in the IDF; Wolf Blitzer worked for AIPAC. Because the U.S. gives Israel over $8 million/day - more than to any other nation - we feel it is essential that we be fully informed on this region. Below are news reports to augment mainstream coverage.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Palestinian: Israeli soldiers confiscated my shirt

Ma'an - A 26-year-old Palestinian from Nablus said Israeli soldiers ordered him to remove his shirt and then confiscated it on Sunday.

Nader Rezeq Dweikat said he was walking near his home in Beta village to get fuel for his tractor when three soldiers in a military jeep stopped him.

"Initially I thought they wanted to check my identity card, but they said 'We do not want your ID card, just take off your shirt.' I thought I misunderstood, but they repeated their order, 'Take off your shirt,' and I did so under force, they seized my shirt and immediately left the area, they didn't ask me about anything else," he said. Read more