Studies show that US coverage is Israeli-centric. The main bureaus for CNN, Associated Press, Time, etc. are located in Israel and often staffed by Israelis. The son of the NY Times bureau chief is in the Israeli army;"pundit" Jeffrey Goldberg served in the IDF; Wolf Blitzer worked for AIPAC. Because the U.S. gives Israel over $8 million/day - more than to any other nation - we feel it is essential that we be fully informed on this region. Below are news reports to augment mainstream coverage.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mel Levine: Obama “Well Understands”

From left: Bruce Herschensohn, Steven Spiegel, Mel Levine

Jewish Journal - former congressman Mel Levine (D-CA) at J Street conference

Let me begin with a candid personal statement and an acknowledgement of my own point of view, or personal reference point.

What has driven my involvement in Middle East issues throughout my adult life has been my commitment to work for Israel’s security and survival [ie. not for American interests and principles]. To anyone familiar with my legislative record, this will come as no surprise.

...For those of us who care deeply about Israel’s future, nothing less than achieving the two state solution will enable Israel to attain its most important national security objectives...

...One of my most treasured possessions is a letter I received from then Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin on my retirement from Congress, thanking me for my effective support for Israel. Full story