Studies show that US coverage is Israeli-centric. The main bureaus for CNN, Associated Press, Time, etc. are located in Israel and often staffed by Israelis. The son of the NY Times bureau chief is in the Israeli army;"pundit" Jeffrey Goldberg served in the IDF; Wolf Blitzer worked for AIPAC. Because the U.S. gives Israel over $8 million/day - more than to any other nation - we feel it is essential that we be fully informed on this region. Below are news reports to augment mainstream coverage.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Coming Home - Winter in Tents in Juhr Ad-Dik, Middle Gaza

Al Mezan
During Operation Cast Lead [Israeli assault on Gaza Dec. 27-Jan. 18], Israeli forces completely destroyed at least 3,600 homes, displacing over 20,000 men, women and children... In the largely agricultural Juhr Ad-Dik area of Gaza district, Israeli forces completely destroyed 124 homes and partially destroyed a further 27. Almost a full year later, hundreds of people in this area are still living in tents as Israel’s unlawful siege continues to prohibit the entry of basic building materials into the Gaza Strip. Al Mezan interviewed Salem Abu 'Iyada, the mayor of Juhr Ad-Dik and local residents who tried to go home on 18 January to see how their community is coping as the winter advances...    Full story

“Life Used to be Beautiful” – Hanin Mousa, 18
..."I was 17 when my mother was killed but I still felt like a child. I miss my mother so much. There are so many things I want to ask her, especially now I’m married. I’ve got no-one to ask for advice. I used to have a beautiful life before they killed my family.” Full story

More Personal Reports