Studies show that US coverage is Israeli-centric. The main bureaus for CNN, Associated Press, Time, etc. are located in Israel and often staffed by Israelis. The son of the NY Times bureau chief is in the Israeli army;"pundit" Jeffrey Goldberg served in the IDF; Wolf Blitzer worked for AIPAC. Because the U.S. gives Israel over $8 million/day - more than to any other nation - we feel it is essential that we be fully informed on this region. Below are news reports to augment mainstream coverage.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

House arrest term extended for 15-year-old Jerusalemite

Ma'an
An Israeli court extended the house arrest of a 15-year-old boy to April, during a hearing that sought to overturn the ruling for the boy, confined to his home since October 2009, court documents showed.

Abdul Rahman Isaac Muhammad Hassan Az-Zaghal, lived in the Old City of Jerusalem until a court ordered him out of the area and confined him to his brother's home in Tel Aviv, then allowed him to return home and attend school, still under general arrest.

"I was arrested in October 2009 during the confrontations with the Israeli soldiers when Jewish groups raided Al-Aqsa. I was held in the Russian compound for a week until the court decided to move me to Tel Aviv where my brother works. I lived with him for two months until the second session of the court which decided that I could go home in Jerusalem. I can only go to school with one of my parents and should stay at home," he told the Jerusalem Center for Social and Economic Rights on Thursday...   Full story